WHY CHOOSE US
”The Compelling Homes team designed an amazing remodel for our entire first floor. The attention to detail created an awesome finished product that we absolutely love. We are not the creative types, but when the team came back with their ideas for the space we were blown away and now we have a more functional space that is worth every penny. We always recommend them to any of our friends thinking about starting a remodel project because we know the CH team will make sure that every detail is perfect. Other positives is that were open and honest with the cost and timeline so there were no surprises along the way and we felt fully informed about the entire process. Everyone on the team was excellent to work with and we would definitely use them again. ”
Chad, Johnston, IA
” Rusty and the entire Compelling Homes crew were amazing! Our kitchen is better than we ever imagined and we couldn’t be happier. We highly recommend Compelling Homes! … ”
Tamara, Johnston, IA
” The Compelling Homes team is second to none. Many companies talk about customer service and looking at things from a customers perspective, but few follow through —the entire team from owner on down lives it. In addition, their ability to adapt and deliver is extraordinary. Add in the talented people they bring in to complete all aspects of the construction and remodel project, and we couldn’t be more happy with the results. ”
Ron, Urbandale, IA
” We love Rusty and the Compelling Homes team. We first worked with them to turn an unfinished basement into a family area, bar, workout room. We had some pretty complex request but they turned our unfinished basement into a fabulous rustic hangout space. Rusty has great ideas and is has an eye for details.
They just completed an addition over our garage and it turned out awesome inside and out. We can not wait to work with them again on a new master bath and kitchen. I would never go anywhere else. They deliver what they promise and more. They take time to get to know you and make sure your personality shows up in the final product. Love them!!”
Stephanie, Altoona, IA
” I cannot say enough good things about Compelling Homes. We are nearly complete with a 4th remodel job using this fine company and the service just keeps getting better. The owner (Rusty Green) will go to any length to keep his customers informed, satisfied and happy. He is a real pro at what he does! Even more, he is a man of the highest values and integrity. Use this company for your next remodel - big or small. They will not disappoint. ”
Mike, Johnston, IA
” Rusty and his team managed our custom covered deck project perfectly and they knocked it out of the park! Rusty made some great suggestions to arrive at the perfect space for my family! We use it all the time and our kids and their friends gather and hang out there all the time! I wish I could post a pic here...the space is amazing!!”
Jeremy, Urbandale, IA
”Rusty, Naomi, and the whole crew at Compelling Homes helped make our dream for a finished basement a reality. They were consummate professionals, but also made you feel like family. They answered every question we had (and we had many) in a timely manner and to our satisfaction. Now we have a beautiful theater room and bar to enjoy in our home. We were also incredibly grateful to Rusty and Compelling Homes for helping us after we had water in our basement from flash flooding less than a year after finishing our basement. I can't recommend CH enough! ”
Stephanie, Des Moines, IA
”So pleased with the kitchen, bath and fireplace remodel! Professional & punctual with a great team!!! ”
Deb, Johnston, IA
”We are repeat clients. This is the second time, second house, where Compelling Homes has done remodeling for us. Rusty is a character, who knows his business, and is passionate about every project he takes on. He and his team make remodeling fun and exciting, and the transformations are WOW! ”
Saffin, Johnston, IA
”What a great company to deal with! Rusty and his team go the extra mile to make sure every detail of the project is perfect. Definitely recommend them for any type of remodel! ”
Dino, Grimes, IA
”Rusty and gang did a great job with our remodel! They were always very responsive and accommodating with last minute changes and adjustments. We love our new kitchen, family room, laundry room, stairway.....the list goes on!”
Boo, Johnston, IA
”My wife & I have been contemplating remodeling our basement & the guys at Compelling Homes have been incredibly approachable & open. We are excited to see what amazing things will happen in our house! Make sure you ask for Rusty, he is super easy to work with & has a plethora of knowledge. Thanks Compelling Homes, we're so happy we found you!”
Bryan, West Des Moines, IA
TOP 10 REASONS WE USED AND LOVE COMPELLING HOMES
1. Compelling Homes was highly recommend to us by a (picky) personal friend. CH remodeled her kitchen and made her closet amazing. She only had good things to say particularly regarding budget and punctuality.
2. Upon meeting Rusty, I knew within 10 minutes, he was our contractor! I'd talked to other contractors too and they were great, but Rusty won us over with his incredible attention to detail. He loves what he does and it shows.
3. When we would tell people about our project...we heard a few contractor horror stories. Contractors not showing up, shady contractors, inept contractors, things costing way more than budgeted, etc. CH SHOWED UP WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD. THEY FINISHED WHEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD. IT COST WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD.
4. The subcontractors were always respectful and friendly.
5. The hand-holding and guidance Rusty provides is second to none. He personally spent many hours with us picking out cabinets, fixtures, paint colors, flooring etc. His input was invaluable so that we didn't make any costly design/ decorating mistakes.
6. Near the end of the project we did a walk through with the Compelling Homes team. My husband and I had our list of items/ questions. The CH team had found/ answered those questions before we even had a chance to ask them or point them out. I remember saying to my husband, "I don't think we are going to have to say a word".
7. Things that were 'good enough' for us, the homeowners, were not good enough for Rusty & his team.
8. Always available. I can recall at least 2 Saturdays and Sunday texts to Rusty, and he answered them within 5 minutes. What contractor does that? Any other time, my texts, phone calls, emails were answered in a timely manner.
9. The CH team was awesome. "Whatever you want" was usually the answer to our questions.
10. We've been talking to Rusty since November of 2014. We've had their team in our house since mid-march. We are still happy to see them. :-) :-) :-)