Is Compelling Homes a good fit for you?
We excel at encapsulating the entire project from design to warranty. That said, there are some projects that we just can't seem to offer up win-win. Those would be the extremely small projects such as screen doors, a simple tile back-splash, or an interior repaint.
Typically all of the projects we do, require a design. That means that we are best when we haven an opportunity to make an impactful change.
- What we're great at: Remove the interior finishes of your home and re-introduce a complete motif.
- What we're not great at: Providing and installing flooring, or painting, without the larger scope of work attached.
Reason Being: We work best when we have a design, vision, budget, and team tied to the project. All of our projects have a schedule, a manager, are tracked online and are subject to inspections and walk throughs with our customers.
SERVICES NOT PROVIDED:
Please Note: We provide many of these services within larger full remodeling projects, but not separately as single services.
Painting, Tiling, Plumbing, Electrical, Flooring, Drywall, and Carpentry (unless apart of a bigger project)
Exterior Services, Decks, or Porches
Is Timing Going to Be an Issue?
Many people call us expecting to start their project in the very near future. We understand that a big party may be planned or maybe you want to be settled in for your children before school starts, but in reality, it takes time to plan for large remodeling projects to get done correctly. Many factors can affect how long a project will take, including:
- Estimates & Proposals: A lot of time is spent during this phase, including correspondence back and forth to schedule a time to talk over the phone, then to meet in person at your home. Then will come the time to create the estimate, then to meet and discuss it. After that comes the final proposal that you will surely need to take time to decide if Compelling Homes is the best fit for you before signing. If you would like more information on our step by step plan, check out our Process Page.
- Design and Selections: Whether you are remodeling your basement, bathroom, or kitchen, one constant is universal; many decisions will need to be made. These include flooring, colors, appliances, fixtures, and many others. These are big, costly, and hard decisions that ultimately can take days to months depending on how decisive our clients are. So while some people know exactly what they want, we also know that this process take some clients a lot more time before they can finally make the decision and sign off on a selection. A number of other factors may add additional time to this process, including price and availability, which may lead to going back to the drawing board and taking even more time.
- Permits: Every city and township is different – but it does take time to get this process underway because we have to have completed drawings…then submit them…then await any questions from the city… then wait for the approval.
- Cabinets: If you are doing a project that includes cabinetry, whether a basement bar, kitchen, or even a bathroom vanity, then understand that it can take 6 weeks to get these cabinets after ordering them (which does not include the phase before; designing the cabinet layout).
Is Our Pricing in Line With Your Budget?
How much a contractor charges is based on a number of factors, they can include:
Quality of Work and Warranty: In regards to price, the single most important factor to consider is the quality of the work taking place. The price we provide is directly related to the extra safeguards put in place for our client’s piece of mind. These include a 5 Year Warranty on all of the work we have completed. Far longer than the industry standard of 1 year. A client login to keep up to date on selections, pricing, and progress. Great reviews and awards are both ways that we distinguish ourselves from our competitors, these were achieved by hard work and an unmatched dedication to service that we not only stand by, but can show through so many years in business with an impeccable reputation.
Overhead: While every business is setup differently, many have more overhead than us, but can also have significantly less as well. Overhead for a single contractor with no employees would be a lot less than a company with 100 employees. One key difference between a single contractor doing business out of his home is that he probably isn’t able to provide things a larger company like us offers, including:
A showroom to pick selections and have client meetings.
A designer to help make trendy and informed decisions along the way.
A designated estimator to make sure you get your estimate and proposal quickly, along with accurate change orders during your project.
A secretary to answer your calls promptly and to ensure you are routed to the right person with answers to your questions.
And lastly, project managers that are on site ensuring your work is on schedule and done correctly from start to finish.
Take a look at our Pricing Guide for additional information.
Do You Want Someone to Take Care of Every Detail?
Materials: Some homeowners want to buy their own materials for their project. This can be for a number of reasons, but the most common is that they prefer a certain supplier of a product. This may be okay for certain products that we may not already carry or use, but in many instances, we do not allow outside products to be used for a number of reasons, but most notably because we provide a warranty for our services. We know the quality of the products we put into our work and stand by them and would not be able to provide that same level of service and quality without the use of our own tested products.
Labor: We have learned that the most successful projects are the ones that allow us to hire professionals to complete them. It is important that a company doing this work is licensed, insured, and most importantly able to pass rigorous city inspections.
Are You Within Our Service Area?
The reason we have boundaries is to ensure we are able to provide exceptional service to each and every one of our clients. We have gotten to know the cities and towns that we currently provide our services in, and they know us. This is important because they trust that we are a reputable company, which helps during the permit and inspections process.
The most important aspect of keeping our service area close to our home office is to ensure we can get to a project fast to remedy an issue in a timely manner when they may arise.
To find out if you are within our service area, check out Areas We Serve.
WHY CHOOSE US
”The Compelling Homes team designed an amazing remodel for our entire first floor. The attention to detail created an awesome finished product that we absolutely love. We are not the creative types, but when the team came back with their ideas for the space we were blown away and now we have a more functional space that is worth every penny. We always recommend them to any of our friends thinking about starting a remodel project because we know the CH team will make sure that every detail is perfect. Other positives is that were open and honest with the cost and timeline so there were no surprises along the way and we felt fully informed about the entire process. Everyone on the team was excellent to work with and we would definitely use them again. ”
Chad, Johnston, IA
” Rusty and the entire Compelling Homes crew were amazing! Our kitchen is better than we ever imagined and we couldn’t be happier. We highly recommend Compelling Homes! … ”
Tamara, Johnston, IA
” The Compelling Homes team is second to none. Many companies talk about customer service and looking at things from a customers perspective, but few follow through —the entire team from owner on down lives it. In addition, their ability to adapt and deliver is extraordinary. Add in the talented people they bring in to complete all aspects of the construction and remodel project, and we couldn’t be more happy with the results. ”
Ron, Urbandale, IA
” We love Rusty and the Compelling Homes team. We first worked with them to turn an unfinished basement into a family area, bar, workout room. We had some pretty complex request but they turned our unfinished basement into a fabulous rustic hangout space. Rusty has great ideas and is has an eye for details.They just completed an addition over our garage and it turned out awesome inside and out. We can not wait to work with them again on a new master bath and kitchen. I would never go anywhere else. They deliver what they promise and more. They take time to get to know you and make sure your personality shows up in the final product. Love them!!”
Stephanie, Altoona, IA
” I cannot say enough good things about Compelling Homes. We are nearly complete with a 4th remodel job using this fine company and the service just keeps getting better. The owner (Rusty Green) will go to any length to keep his customers informed, satisfied and happy. He is a real pro at what he does! Even more, he is a man of the highest values and integrity. Use this company for your next remodel - big or small. They will not disappoint. ”
Mike, Johnston, IA
” Rusty and his team managed our custom covered deck project perfectly and they knocked it out of the park! Rusty made some great suggestions to arrive at the perfect space for my family! We use it all the time and our kids and their friends gather and hang out there all the time! I wish I could post a pic here...the space is amazing!!”